Currently the area is served by four bus routes, which terminate in close proximity to the site. These are routes 9, 17A, 40C and 83 and three that stop directly at the Centre.
- 9 City Centre, Phibsboro, Ballymun Road, Glasnevin Avenue terminating at Charlestown Centre
- 17a Finglas (Mellowes Rd.), Kilbarrack.
- 40 City Centre (Parnell St.), now terminates at Charlestown Centre
- 40a City Centre (Parnell St.), now terminates at Charlestown Centre
- 40c City Centre (Parnell St.), Finglas (St. Margaret's Road)
- 83 Finglas (Mckelvey Ave.) Kimmage, (Stannaway Avenue)
Route 9 now operates every 10 minutes at peak time to the City Centre via Charlestown Shopping Centre and also provides the Lanesborough and Melville Estates with direct connections to Dublin City University (DCU).
The 17a service operates 55 services daily during the week with headways of between 10 and 15 minutes during the peaks. At weekends up to 46 services run daily. The 40a and 40c services operate up to 69 services daily during the week with headways of around 10 minutes during the peaks. At weekends up to 59 services run daily. The 83 service operates up to 69 services daily during the week with headways of around 15 minutes during the peaks. At weekends up to 59 services run daily.
- 40b City Centre (Parnell St.), Finglas (Toberburr)
- 40d City Centre (Parnell St.), Glasnevin Cemetery, Ballycoolin Road,Tyrrelstown
- 104 - Clontarf Dart Station, Poppintree, Jamestown Road, Cappagh Hospital
- 220 Ballymun Roundabout, Mckee Rd., Jamestown Rd., Finglas Village, Lady’sWell Road
- 40n Westmoreland Street, Seamus Ennis Road, Finglas West, Finglas South
- 88n Westmoreland Street, Finglas Village, Ashbourne
Regular Bus Eireann local services run within close proximity to the site on the N2, these are
services serve Ardcath, Kilmoon Cross and Ashbourne. Bus Eireann also provide inter town services which pickup along the N2 which serves towns along the N2 corridor including Slane, Derry and Letterkenny.
The new service is the 105 and I have request full route details from Dublin Bus but they stated it will run at 15min intervals all day and will use the N2 QBC to town and avoid Finglas. It will Turn left at the new St Margaret’s Road / Charlestown Place Junction and will stop at St Margaret’s Road. A full bus timetable is available at our Customer Service Desk. Or you can click onto: http://www.dublinbus.ie/home/